- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (2 tsp. dried)
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes, pureed in processor
- 3⁄4 lb penne
- 1 1⁄2 cups black olives (or about 24)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tablespoons Olive oil in a large frying pan and gook the garlic and oregano for 2 minutes. Add pureed tomatoes and cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook penne in slightly salted boiling water until tender. Drain and transfer to heated serving bowl. Pour over the remaining olive oil and add olives, capers, and basil. Toss lightly and serve at once topped with sauce.