Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Living Magazine.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus
- more salt, for pasta water
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb other chunky pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- more parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to manufacturers directions.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pasta to skillet with tomatoes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in olives and parsley.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese, if desired.