Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
Don't let the Vodka scare you! This is a wonderful sauce!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Italian sausages
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
- Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet; Cook, breaking up the meat until brown.
- Add garlic and red pepper; cook until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot, cook penne as directed; Drain and return to pot.
- Add vodka and heavy cream/sauce and bring to boil.
- Stir sauce into cooked pasta and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in fresh parsley and serve.