"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Don't let the Vodka scare you! This is a wonderful sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
- 2Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet; Cook, breaking up the meat until brown.
- 3Add garlic and red pepper; cook until golden brown.
- 4Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in large pot, cook penne as directed; Drain and return to pot.
- 7Add vodka and heavy cream/sauce and bring to boil.
- 8Stir sauce into cooked pasta and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.8
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 1380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g