Recipe by Firems911
I obtained this recipe from an FDNY Firefighter cookoff. Very easy and very tasty!
Top Review by TJ-Montana
Wow, this is delicious! Used whole wheat rotini pasta, added some baby kale (lightly steamed in a basket over the boiling pasta first) and some fresh feta cheese. Used a jar of my diced tomatoes because I didn't have fresh. Super easy, fast, healthy, and yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 -8 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch of fresh arugula (or basil)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ronzoni penne
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- dried chili pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and toss with salt.
- Cut arugula into strips and toss most of it with the tomatoes, saving some to top dish before serving.
- Mix together with oil, tomatoes, garlic and greens while boiling slated water for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, cut mozzarella into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients with hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining arugula and red pepper flakes.