I obtained this recipe from an FDNY Firefighter cookoff. Very easy and very tasty!
Make and share this Penne With Tomato, Mozzarella & Arugula Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil, add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and toss with salt.
- Cut arugula into strips and toss most of it with the tomatoes, saving some to top dish before serving.
- Mix together with oil, tomatoes, garlic and greens while boiling slated water for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, cut mozzarella into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients with hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining arugula and red pepper flakes.
Wow, this is delicious! Used whole wheat rotini pasta, added some baby kale (lightly steamed in a basket over the boiling pasta first) and some fresh feta cheese. Used a jar of my diced tomatoes because I didn't have fresh. Super easy, fast, healthy, and yummy!
This was AWESOME and so very easy to make ~ I used 2 handfuls of fresh arugula, but used canned italian tomatoes, drained with the juice reserved. I also used a combo of pastas as I didn't have quite enough penne. Delicious and light yet robust flavors ~ loved the garlic. Shredded a bit of fresh parmesan on top before serving. A definite keeper ~ made for PAC Spring 2009!!