Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple, fresh pasta dish, quick to prepare and enjoy.
Make and share this Penne With Tomato, Black Olives and Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted & halved
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm, drain and return to pot to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, heat oil & chili pepper flakes over medium heat; stir in garlic. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to pot with drained pasta; add olives, feta cheese and basil; toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan.
Had to add more olive oil and garlic. I still couldn't get much flavor so added a jar of marinated artichokes. Won't make again. I had to redo the whole recipe in order to take to a brunch
This was great, thanks for sharing. I added grilled chicken and white kidney beans just to up the protein and threw in a can of diced tomatoes and their juice. I'll definitely make this again.