Recipe by Junebug
I first had this dish at the Terra Cotta Cafe in Tucson. It was actually served wih bacon and shrimp*. It is so simple to prepare and you can adjust the spiciness up or down according to the amount of peppers you add. *You can add 4 slices of thick sliced, smoked bacon, cooked & chopped along with the tomatoes. You can also top with sauted shrimp.
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes or 4 chile tepins, crumbled
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ricotta, cream and garlic together.
- Put in a pan with the tomato, cilantro and pepper flakes.
- Warm over medium heat, then add the mozarella and 2-3 Tblsp of the parmesan.
- Heat over low heat until the mozarella is melted.
- Add the cooked penne to the pan and heat gently, mixing carefully.
- Serve in wide soup bowls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and reserved parmesan.