Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Quick and very good. from the local newspaper
Make and share this Penne with Swiss Chard & Asiago Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 8 cups coarsely chopped swiss chard
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (19 ounce) canother white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Add 8 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard, cook 1 minute; drain well.
- In a large serving bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add pasta mixture; toss well.
- Season to taste.
I made this last night and it was very tasty. I did not drain the beans to make it a bit more saucy and then added a can of diced tomatoes. My mixture looked a lot more green than in the picture though I though I was actually a little short on the amount of chard. I'm not rating it since I didn't make it exactly as stated, but all the adults liked it a lot.
Had to use spinach instead of chard as the grocery store didn't carry it (boooo!) but found this an enjoyable after work meal. It was a bit bland so I added plenty of red pepper flakes and some frozen peas. Again, not outta this world but definitely enjoyable and did the trick. It does get 5 stars for its ease and quickness. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This is so good. Asiago cheese is one of my favorites so I couldn't resist this recipe. It's easy to put together. I didn't have penne, so I used shells. And spinach for the Swiss chard. I will use chard the next time I make this. I've never used chard before, now I have a great recipe to try some. Thanks Derf.