Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Heavenly!!! This is a family favorite that is very easy to put together. A good quality white wine works best.... enjoy! Cooking time includes waiting for water to boil!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into one inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Cook Pasta as directed, drain, set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and rosemary, saute until garlic begins to caramelize and the onions are translucent.
- Add white wine and simmer for about one minute.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, asparagus and sundried tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated.
- Toss cream mixture with pasta and Grated cheese.
Great recipe that can be easily adapted to what you have in the house! I used half and half instead of cream and I added fresh basil at the end istead of rosemary (because I don't really like rosemary). I will definately make this again, but it was lacking in flavor so next time I think I will double the onion and sundried tomatoes and add some more spices to the sauce. Thank you for sharing!
Last night i made this for the second time, and though i had to make some changes, it was still wonderful. I only had half a bag of pasta, Parmesean instead of romano, and i used 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary in place of fresh. It was delicious!
This was incredibly easy and very tasty! I made for a picnic, and there wasn't anything left. I did top with feta crumbles only because I didn't have any pec in the house. Will make again...for MY family this time! Thanks for sharing! LA