Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
Heavenly!!! This is a family favorite that is very easy to put together. A good quality white wine works best.... enjoy! Cooking time includes waiting for water to boil!
Top Review by chefsgk
Great recipe that can be easily adapted to what you have in the house! I used half and half instead of cream and I added fresh basil at the end istead of rosemary (because I don't really like rosemary). I will definately make this again, but it was lacking in flavor so next time I think I will double the onion and sundried tomatoes and add some more spices to the sauce. Thank you for sharing!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into one inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta as directed, drain, set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and rosemary, saute until garlic begins to caramelize and the onions are translucent.
- Add white wine and simmer for about one minute.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, asparagus and sundried tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated.
- Toss cream mixture with pasta and Grated cheese.