Heart 'N Soul's Note:
Heavenly!!! This is a family favorite that is very easy to put together. A good quality white wine works best.... enjoy! Cooking time includes waiting for water to boil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into one inch lengths
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1Cook Pasta as directed, drain, set aside.
- 2In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- 3Add onion, garlic, and rosemary, saute until garlic begins to caramelize and the onions are translucent.
- 4Add white wine and simmer for about one minute.
- 5Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, asparagus and sundried tomatoes.
- 6Simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated.
- 7Toss cream mixture with pasta and Grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1389.6
- Calories from Fat 541
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 82.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese