Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄2 lb penne or 1⁄2 lb other pastas
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (about 20-25)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, partly thawed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- sea salt
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, saute the remaining ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with the tomato, garlic, and spinach mixture.
- Serve warm.
Nice enough, but a bit on the dry side. Tossing the cooked pasta with even one teaspoon of butter or olive oil would've helped, without adding on too many fat calories. A few herbs like basil, oregano and parsley would make this much more flavourful.
I make a dish similar to this quite often. I usually use fresh spinach and add toasted pine nuts, the pine nuts taste SOOO good with the sundried tomatoes, I highly recommend adding them.
Excellent! I used fresh spinach and noodles.