1/1 Photo of Penne With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Chicken
Juju Bee's Note:
I saw this recipe being made on "Everyday Italian" on the food network. The original recipe did not call for chicken, but I think it needed a little meat to make it extra yummy. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente), stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile chop cooked chicken.
- 3Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 4Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are very finely chopped.
- 5Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Parmesan and the chicken.
- 6Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- 7Season the pasta to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 22.1 g