I saw this recipe being made on "Everyday Italian" on the food network. The original recipe did not call for chicken, but I think it needed a little meat to make it extra yummy. Enjoy!
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente), stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop cooked chicken.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are very finely chopped.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Parmesan and the chicken.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season the pasta to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.