Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this on Everyday Italian, it looks soooo good and easy to make. Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
This was delicious. It's a bit calorie laden for us, but I had some leftover pesto to use up and this fit the bill. I didn't find it quite creamy enough to suit me, so I added a bit of cream. One of the best tomato based pasta dishes I've found.
I love sun dried tomatoes so for me this was easily 5 stars. It was bold, big flavor. Loved it. My husband did not care for it, but he doesn't love sun dried tomatoes to the extent that I do.
Delicious, I used packed grated mozzarella because I couldn't find thicker grated Parmesan where I lived. You got this recipe from food network.com at Everyday Italian didn't you?