Recipe by ShirleyUF
This is a super-easy recipe for summer. It can be served warm or cold.
Top Review by Rhiannon and Matt
My food processor struggled with the tomatoes a bit (they kept getting stuck to side) so i transferred them to a glass jug & used the hand held blender, this did the job in a few seconds. I put cream in mine before serving & enjoyed it. Thanks for posting :)
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil into a food processor until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the basil pesto and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding just enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.