Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super-easy recipe for summer. It can be served warm or cold.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil into a food processor until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the basil pesto and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding just enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
My food processor struggled with the tomatoes a bit (they kept getting stuck to side) so i transferred them to a glass jug & used the hand held blender, this did the job in a few seconds. I put cream in mine before serving & enjoyed it. Thanks for posting :)