1/2 Photos of Penne With Spinach, Tomatoes and Olives
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
My favorite recipe category: few ingredients, outstanding results! Delightful, healthful, quick and easy to prepare. I strongly recommend that you use only kalamata olives in this recipe. Otherwise I used 9 ounces bagged spinach, 6 ounces pasta myself, but published the recipe as written. From a cookbook called "The Best in the World" by Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. This particular recipe came from Au Bar (renamed Je Me Souviens) in Palm Beach, Florida.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add onion and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 2Add chopped tomatoes, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer to 20 minutes.
- 3Add sliced olives, chopped spinach and parsley. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture and toss gently. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with parmesan on the side.
- 5For Vegan do not use the parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Spinach, Tomatoes and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 244.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g