Recipe by KelBel
A simple week night meal. This a is light and healthy vegetarian dish that will satisfy.
Top Review by Lt. Amy
Simple and fast, but very tasty. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I cut up some Roma tomatoes instead. I kept the heat in the pan pretty low, so the spinach wilted, but didn't fall apart. Thanks for this quick weeknight recipe.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss.
- Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate, top with pine nuts, and serve.