My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced purple onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2Reserve 3 tablespoons pasta water; drain pasta.
- 3Combine reserve pasta water, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4While pasta cooks, place a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 5Add almonds and cook; stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- 6Set almonds aside.
- 7Coat skillet with cooking spray; add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 8Return to medium-high heat until oil is hot.
- 9Cut onion slices in half; add onion and garlic to skillet.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until tender.
- 11Add spinach, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes; stir in almonds, salt, and pepper.
- 12Stir in reserve pasta water mixture.
- 13Add pasta, and toss gently.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Spinach and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 326.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g