Recipe by KPD
The importance of fresh ingredients is demonstrated in this dish. I just love this, it's fast, it's simple, it's healthy, yet it's packed with flavor! You know, if you wanted to add some protein, bite-sized salmon chunks would be an excellent addition! Anyway, Enjoy!
Top Review by Nado2003
I saute the onions and garlic, then added the tomatoes and spinach, cooked for about 3 minutes on medium high, then added the pasta and cheese, cooked for another 1 minute. I omited the greek olives because my son does not like them. The dish came out delicious and healthy. Thank you for a yummy and healthy dish.
- 8 ounces penne, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups Baby Spinach, chopped, stems removed and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Greek olive, cut in half (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, and return to pot.
- Add tomato, spinach, garlic, onion, olives, and oil to pasta.
- Cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, cooking for 1 more mintue.
- Stir and serve!