Recipe by KelBel
A quick weeknight recipe. Serve with grilled chicken and garlic bread for a complete meal.
Top Review by kelly in TO
YUM!! This was delicious!! I also used 2-3 garlic cloves, left the tomatoes whole but pricked. I also used whole-wheat penne and all freshly grated parmesan because the store didn't have asiago!? This was great - thank you!
- 1 lb penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and serve.