Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick weeknight recipe. Serve with grilled chicken and garlic bread for a complete meal.
Make and share this Penne With Spinach and Asiago Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and serve.
YUM!! This was delicious!! I also used 2-3 garlic cloves, left the tomatoes whole but pricked. I also used whole-wheat penne and all freshly grated parmesan because the store didn't have asiago!? This was great - thank you!
Full of color and flavor plus quick to make, this was a one-dish meal for us. I made 1/2 the recipe exactly as written and we both cleaned our plates. Thanks for sharing this sure-to-be repeated recipe!
Excellent and easy. I (more or less) halved the recipe for the two of us and had it as a vegetarian one-dish meal. My BF wanted seconds so I helped him finish it up:) Too bad there were no leftovers to take to work the next day. I used a pint of grape tomatoes (left the really small ones whole), a 6 ounce bag of spinach, one garlic clove and only 1 teaspoon olive oil. I had planned on cutting back on the cheese, but ended up adding most of it.