Penne With Spicy Red Sauce
- Cook oil and garlic in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until garlic begins to sizzle.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, 3/4 cup parsley and red pepper flakes, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover partially and cook until tomatoes are thick and pulpy, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Discard garlic.
- Mix in remaining parsley.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.