Recipe by Sharon123
From Sarah Moulton on Sara's Secrets, this is so simple and so delicious!
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
Wow - yummy! Goat cheese explosion! What a fun, fresh spring meal. I served with a salad and crusty bread and topped with parmesan cheese and a drizzle of balsamic. Will make again!
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes (red and yellow)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb penne
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, torn into pieces
- additional kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper. Halve each tomato and place cut side up in 1 flat layer on the baking sheets. Put a slice of garlic on top of each tomato half. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt. Roast until the tomatoes are dried around the edges but still moist, about 2 hours(be careful not to burn the garlic). I check after about a 1/2 hour and push the garlic down into the tomato.
- Crumble the goat cheese into large chunks and refrigerate until ready to serve the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package directions. Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and reserve. Drain the pasta well and return to the pot. Add the tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm. Enjoy!