1 hr 5 mins
King Lu's Note:
Great as a family dinner, can be served as a side dish with Veal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, deveined, peeled
- 1/2 lb sea scallops, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, separate into two 1/4 cup piles
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil, flavoured with sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste, heaping
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Combine and heat both oils in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add peppers and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer peppers to a bowl.
- 4Add sundried tomatoes, shrimp, scallops, 1/4 cup of basil, garlic and oregano to the same skillet and saute until the shrimp are just opaque in the centre, about 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer shrimp and scallop mixture to the bowl with peppers, cover and set aside.
- 6Add broth, wine and tomato paste to same skillet.
- 7Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- 8During the last minute add cream if you are using it, and let cook an extra minute or two.
- 9Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted, oiled water until tender, but still firm to bite.
- 10Drain; return pasta to same pot.
- 11Add contents of bowl, sauce, remaining 1/4 cup of basil and cheese to pasta.
- 12Toss over low heat until warmed through and sauce coats pasta.
- 13Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
- 14Note: If all peppers are not available any combination will do.
- 15Shrimps and Scallops can be replaced with chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Shrimp, Scallops, Bell Peppers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 983.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 39.6 g