1/1 Photo of Penne With Shrimp Broccoli & Chili Oil
Chef #848413's Note:
Wheat Penne Pasta with Fresh Garden Vegetables, Shrimp and Sauteed in Chili Oil. Tossed with Fresh Herbs and Asiago-Parmesan Cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1 lb whole wheat penne (al dente)
- 3/4 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper (Medium Diced)
- 2 serrano chili peppers (Minced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 lb shrimp (P&D 31-41)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 lemon (Sliced)
- 1 cup asiago-parmesan cheese (Shaved)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chili-flavored olive oil
- 1Bring 4-quarts water to a full boil and add 1-tablespoon fine sea salt. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- 2Bring 4-6 quarts water to a full boil and add remaining fine sea salt. Add broccoli florets and blanch for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- 3In a large Saute pan heat 3-tablespoons olive oil. Add bell pepper, serrano pepper, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, shrimp and old bay seasoning. Saute 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- 4Add white Zinfandel wine and reduce by one-half.
- 5In a large bowl toss pasta, broccoli florets, shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, asiago-parmesan cheese, olive oil, chili oil and fresh chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve on warm plates and garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Shrimp Broccoli & Chili Oil
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 3993.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
white zinfandel wine