Wheat Penne Pasta with Fresh Garden Vegetables, Shrimp and Sauteed in Chili Oil. Tossed with Fresh Herbs and Asiago-Parmesan Cheese.
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1 lb whole wheat penne (al dente)
- 3⁄4 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper (Medium Diced)
- 2 serrano chili peppers (Minced)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp (P&D 31-41)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 lemon (Sliced)
- 1 cup asiago-parmesan cheese (Shaved)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chili-flavored olive oil
- Bring 4-quarts water to a full boil and add 1-tablespoon fine sea salt. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- Bring 4-6 quarts water to a full boil and add remaining fine sea salt. Add broccoli florets and blanch for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- In a large Saute pan heat 3-tablespoons olive oil. Add bell pepper, serrano pepper, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, shrimp and old bay seasoning. Saute 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- Add white Zinfandel wine and reduce by one-half.
- In a large bowl toss pasta, broccoli florets, shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, asiago-parmesan cheese, olive oil, chili oil and fresh chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm plates and garnish with lemon slices.