Recipe by KathyP53
Great for an evening at home with friends. Serve with a salad and an Italian wine.
- 4 (1/2 ounce) packages dried mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups very hot water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary, divided
- garlic clove, peeled, pressed into a small bowl
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dried mushrooms in medium bowl; ass 2 1/2 cups hot water. Soak until tender, about 35 minutes. Lift out mushrooms, squeezing liquid back into bowl; reserve liquid. Cut any large mushroom in half.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp rosemary. Saute until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to same skillet; reduce heat to medium high. Add mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tablespoons rosemary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are browned, about 8 minutes. Add wine and cook for 1 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add cream and 1 cup mushroom soaking liquid, leaving any sediment in bowl. Boil until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to same pot.
- Add mushroom sauce, parsley, and shrimp to pasta in pot. Toss over medium high heat until warmed through, adding more mushroom soaking liquid (leaving sediment in bowl) if pasta is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to large pasta bowl.