Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich & creamy and great for company.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
I have made this on multiple occasions and it always turns out great. The whole family loves this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very easy and delicious.