Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups torn spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked penne
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to the skillet; stir/saute 2 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in spinach, basil, and vinegar; cook 1 minute until spinach wilts, stirring frequently.
- Add in broth and olives, cook 15 seconds.
- Combine mushroom mixture, pasta, oil, pepper, and salt, tossing gently to coat.
- Spoon pasta mixture onto a plate; top with cheese.