Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe (from a Sainsbury’s magazine) specifies good quality pork sausages, but here at Blakey Towers we use vegetarian sausages; so feel free to use your favourite kind too.
- 400 g sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 400 g dry penne pasta
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 100 g wild rocket
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Set a large pan of salted water over heat to bring to a boil.
- Heat a frying pan, cut each sausage into 5 chunks and cook them over a medium high heat for approximately 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, add the garlic and fennel seeds and cook for another 5 minutes.
- At the same time, cook the penne in the boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the sausages, onion mixture, crème fraiche, rocket and seasoning; heat together for a couple of minutes before serving.