1/3 Photos of Penne With Sausage in Pumpkin Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- olive oil, to cover bottom of frying pan
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lb sweet italian fennel sausage (crumbled and browned)
- 3 leaves sage, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 1 cup butternut squash, pureed or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1Over medium high heat, heat oil in frying pan, saute peppers, onions, garlic till translucent.
- 2Add brown sugar, and white wine simmer till reduced by 1/2.
- 3Add cooked sausage, sage leaves, spices, butternut, milk, chicken broth stir and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add pasta toss season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- 5Garnish with sage leave and top with grated cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Sausage in Pumpkin Sauce.
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8