"I made this. It's yummy with mini-sausages." - My Boyfriend. He's right. Time does not include refrigeration time or time to cook sausages.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 lb chicken-apple sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces (either use pre-cooked or cook yourself in a 300°F oven for about 30 minutes.)
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2-1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon blackberry jelly or 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- oil or butter, for sauteeing
- 1Blend balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, jelly, milk sour cream, pasta sauce and tomatoes well in a bowl.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Sauteé garlic, red pepper, yellow pepper, basil and optional onion in oil/butter in a medium saucepan until barely tender.
- 4Add sausage, sauteé for 5 more minutes.
- 5Add mixture from the bowl to your pan.
- 6Simmer, stirring frequently, on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 7Let sit for 30 minutes to overnight (in refrigerator) to let flavors blend.
- 8Reheat and mix with pasta.
- 9Serve with grated parmesean cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Sausage and Yum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 301.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: