Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious pasta you can get on the table in 30 minutes.
Make and share this Penne With Sausage And Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, large dice
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, large dice
- 2 cups broccoli florets, bite sized
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in 12 inch skillet.
- Add sausage and saute until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add peppers, broccoli, garlic, fennel and Italian seasoning to skillet.
- Cook, stirring often until veggies are crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and reserved sausages.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Drain pasta well.
- Place pasta on plates, spoon sauce over pasta.
- Top with cheese.