Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Woman's World.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over meidum-high heat.
- Add sausage, cook, turning occasionally, until no longer pink, 20 minutes.
- Remove sausage.
- Discard all but 1 T fat from skillet.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook garlic, stirring 1 minute.
- Add pasta mixture, sausage, reserved water, 1/2 t salt and pepper flakes, heat through, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Loved it! This is a quick to fix, one dish meal that is packed with flavor. The sausage was browned and cooked in a small amount of water prior to slicing. Served with a side salad. Made for *1-2-3 Hit Wonders*
Rather bland. Perhaps more garlic and pepper flakes would do it.
Absolutely delicious, and yet so simple. This cooks up very quickly and will definitely be made often in my house! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.