Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another quick meal you can have on the table in 30 minutes.
- 4 fresh hot Italian sausages
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups tomato sauce, preferably homemade
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb penne (or other favourite pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook sausages until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Slice into 1/4" thick rounds.
- Return to skillet and cook for about 7 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute or til golden.
- Add wine, stirring to scrape up brown bits from skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add olive oil and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in large pot of salted water until tender but firm.
- In large bowl, toss pasta with sauce.
- Top with parmesan.
Had this today for lunch with garlic bread and a salad to the delight of DH. He gobbled this down. I did use bulk sausage, not links, and rotini in place of penne because that is what I had on hand. I will make this again.