Recipe by pinkhuntinggirl13
You'll be hooked by the sweet, mellow flavor of the caramelized vegetables and the tender texture of the salmon. From Prevention Healthy Cooking. http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/dinner/penne-with-salmon-and-roasted-vegetables.aspx
- 12 ounces penne
- 2 lbs leeks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, from carton
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 summer squash, halved and cut into 1/4 slices
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 salmon fillet, 1/2 pound, skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the leeks into 2” lengths and quarter them lengthwise. Rinse the leeks completely. Place the leeks and bell pepper in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Add the broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the oil, thyme, and black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the squash, olives, and salmon to the baking dish and drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and the vegetables are tender.
- Place the penne in a large serving bowl. Break the salmon into bite-size pieces and add to the penne with the vegetables.