Recipe by s'kat
3 of my most favorite things! This meal comes together fairly quickly, yet is elegant enough to serve to company.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
This is a nice and easy recpie, but we found it a little bland. Added some bacon bits at the table and it helped a little. I think maybe this just isn't our taste, but it is a well written recipe and I encourage others to try it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne rigate or 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut crosswise into thirds then lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepot, cook pasta as label directs and then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, salt and pepper and cook until asparagus is almost tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add shallot and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; cook, stirring constantly, two minutes longer.
- Add wine; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Stir in broth and heat to boiling.
- Arrange salmon slices in skillet; cover and cook until just opaque throughout, 2- 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in tarragon.
- In a warmed serving bowl, toss pasta with asparagus mixture.