1/1 Photo of Penne with Salmon and Asparagus
3 of my most favorite things! This meal comes together fairly quickly, yet is elegant enough to serve to company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne rigate or 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut crosswise into thirds then lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1In a large saucepot, cook pasta as label directs and then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add asparagus, salt and pepper and cook until asparagus is almost tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add shallot and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; cook, stirring constantly, two minutes longer.
- 5Add wine; heat to boiling over high heat.
- 6Stir in broth and heat to boiling.
- 7Arrange salmon slices in skillet; cover and cook until just opaque throughout, 2- 3 minutes.
- 8Remove skillet from heat and stir in tarragon.
- 9In a warmed serving bowl, toss pasta with asparagus mixture.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Salmon and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 582.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 41.9 g