Recipe by Cluich
Pasta with salami makes for a nice change of pace from your standard tomato sauce. This recipe can be whipped together in no time.
- 14 ounces penne, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces genoa salami, slice and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the penne according to the directions on the package. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the salami and onion. Stir over medium heat for a couple of minutes, then add the remaining ingredients, except the basil, and bring the whole mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your desired consistency.
- Drain pasta and mix with the sauce. Stir in the basil and serve.