Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a cookbook for shrimp and prawns.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron threads or 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 lb cooked prawns
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched
- 1 lb penne
- Cook pasta in boiling water in a large pot according to package directions, drain and set aside keeping warm.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat, blend in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the milk, saffron and sage.
- Return to heat and cook stirring 3 minutes or until sauce comes to boil and thickens.
- Add prawns and snow peas to pasta and toss gently.
- Top with sauce and serve immediately.
We loved this light pasta! I blanched the snow peas, and cooked the prawns, and then used the same water for the pasta. I couldn't resist adding a little white wine! Delicious!
Delicious, light pasta dish. I left out the sage and just used a very healthy pinch of saffron and, strange but delicious, a good pinch of curry powder. Also, as snow peas are unavailable in Greece (to my great misfortune), I used tiny, tender petit pois. Everything blended into a delicious sauce that was great on the pasta, shrimp and peas.
This pasta dish was lovely . We really enjoyed the subtle sage & saffron sauce. It was perfect with the shrimp and snow peas. Thank you so much for sharing this elegant light meal.