- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron threads or 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 lb cooked prawns
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched
- 1 lb penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water in a large pot according to package directions, drain and set aside keeping warm.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat, blend in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the milk, saffron and sage.
- Return to heat and cook stirring 3 minutes or until sauce comes to boil and thickens.
- Add prawns and snow peas to pasta and toss gently.
- Top with sauce and serve immediately.