Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in the GLOW magazine
Make and share this Penne With Roma Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, coarsely chopped (canned ones work best)
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 4 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Boil penne according to directions and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F Cut top 1/2 inch off the garlic bulb and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Gently pour water in the dish until it is about 3 centimetres deep.
- Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then squeeze the garlic out of the cloves.
- In a deep pan, heat oil on medium high heat and add tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, artichokes and herbs.
- Cook until tender.
- Add white wine and continue to saute for 3 minutes to burn off any alcohol.
- Add the pasta and toss.
- Season to taste.