Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is a very simple recipe for using tomatoes.It has a deep satisfying smell and enormous flavor of roasted tomato.A very delightful dish that the family will be asking for again soon.
- 8 -9 plum tomatoes or 8 -9 roma tomatoes
- 8 pieces of brochetto ham or 5 slices bacon
- 2 medium .size onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (454 g) box penne pasta
- 4 pieces parsley, chopped
- 4 -5 leaves oregano, chopped
- Preheat onev to 350 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4.
- Cut Brochitto ham or Bacon into small pieces.
- Chop onions into small pieces.
- Mince the 2 cloves.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the parsley and oregano and pepper.
- Toss the above into a casserole dish and mix well.
- Roast in oven until the tomatoes shrivel and brown.
- The brochitto or bacon will infuse with the tomatoes and carmalize and the smell is fantastic,(about 1 hour).
- Cook till the pasta till done.(do not rinse)Salt is optional in the water.(I do not use salt).
- Drain the pasta and add the pasta to the tomatoes and mix together.
- Plate& Enjoy this great dinner.