1/4 Photos of Penne With Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke, & Garlic Puree
This is a very easy homemade recipe that has all the traditional tastes of Italy. It's a Penne Rigate dish with Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke, Onion & Garlic Puree. I happen to love this and so does DH. You have to like roasted red pepper to enjoy this recipe to the fullest extent. It's so simple to prepare as most of the prep is done with a food processor or blender for the puree then you just serve it over your favorite pasta - we like it best over Penne Rigate, but any pasta will do. ** You could also stir in some cooked shrimp or cooked sliced sausage if you want a more hearty dish **
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained well
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) box penne rigate
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced, pitted, & drained well
- 1Boil water for penne with a dash of salt added.
- 2Meanwhile, drain the roasted red peppers & artichoke hearts very well and add to food processer. Add garlic & onion.
- 3Pulse in food processor so the mixture isn't pure liquid (pulse until mixture is the consistency of salsa - see photo of puree).
- 4Stir in olive oil, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste.
- 5Cook then drain pasta. Stir in the puree.
- 6Garnish with the remaining jar of drained artichoke hearts & sliced black olives stirred through gently.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke, & Garlic Puree
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 727.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g