Recipe by Carianne
Another quick dinner idea from Eating Well magazine (Feb-March 2005).
Top Review by wyndechyme
I thought this was just ok. I had to substitute chard instead of the radicchio since that's what I had. The proportions seemed to be very off - one rotisserie chicken had too much meat for 8 oz of penne, and there definitely wasn't enough chard in one bunch. Also, the balsamic vinegar made it very sweet. I don't think I'll be making this one again, though the kids seemed to like it ok.
- 453.59 g whole wheat penne
- 1 head radicchio, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 907.18 g rotisserie broiler-fryer chickens, skin discarded,meat removed from bones and shredded
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until just tender, 8- 10 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Cook radicchio in this liquid over medium heat until it wilts (2- 3 minutes).
- Stir in pasta, 2 tablesppons parmesan,.
- oil, vinegar, chicken, and pepper and cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Garnish with walnuts and reserved cheese.