Recipe by cookinhealthy
A very fresh, healthy pasta dish that can be adapted to your own liking very easily. You could add chicken, shrimp, scallops, etc if you want a more substantial dish. The best part is the smell of the kitchen while you're roasting the ingredients. I got this recipe from a friend who got it from the cookbook 'Seriously Simple.'
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb penne pasta (fusilli or farfallini would work too)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon evenly over the tomatoes. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly, browned, or slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Add pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish. Add fresh basil and toss to combine. Serve immediately.