Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very fresh, healthy pasta dish that can be adapted to your own liking very easily. You could add chicken, shrimp, scallops, etc if you want a more substantial dish. The best part is the smell of the kitchen while you're roasting the ingredients. I got this recipe from a friend who got it from the cookbook 'Seriously Simple.'
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon evenly over the tomatoes. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly, browned, or slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Add pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish. Add fresh basil and toss to combine. Serve immediately.