1/9 Photos of Penne With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Liza at Food.com's Note:
Very simple, very yummy. This is my favorite kind of cooking...just a few quality ingredients that really compliment each other. Adapted from Paola di Mauro, but given to me by my dad who is a sophisticated foodie who also appreciates simple tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs small cherry tomatoes or 2 lbs grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, plus more
- pecorino romano cheese, for serving
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb penne
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line bottom of a casserole dish with tomato halves in a single layer.
- 3Pour oil on top, season with salt and pepper.
- 4Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
- 5Bake until tomatoes have wilted, about 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil.
- 7Season with enough sea salt so that water is pretty salty.
- 8When tomatoes are just about done, add penne to water and cook until al dente.
- 9Scoop out a cup of the pasta water and reserve.
- 10Drain pasta and toss right into casserole and fold pasta into tomato mixture, adding 2-3 Tablespoons more olive oil, to coat.
- 11Taste, adjust seasoning, if it is dry, add some of the pasta water.
- 12Serve, passing more grated cheese at the table.
- 13I have added chopped fresh basil when tossing the pasta and really love the flavor it brings.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese