Recipe by podapo
I found this at cooking.com and found it to have a very unique flavor. Cooking times are estimates.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I made half a recipe for the two of us and it turned out great. I did cook 1 chicken breast and added to the recipe. Also served a salad savory salad that had balsamic too. I found it on Food and Wine via pinterest.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lb penne
- 1⁄4 lb butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them.
- Cut the spears into 1 inch pieces.
- Put the aspargus on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and 1/4 tsp.
- each of the salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Simmer until 3 T.
- Stir in the brown sugar and the remainig 1/4 tsp.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water just until done, about 13 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the butter, vinegar, asparagus, Parmesan and the remaining 1 3/4 tsp.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.