Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounded so delicious and so easy I had to share it. Especially for those of use who are alone or a twosome. Total start to finish time is 25 minutes. Source: Better Homes and Gardens http://www.bhg.com
- 4 ounces dry penne pasta or 4 ounces cut ziti pasta
- 2 cups assorted summer vegetables (such as broccoli flowerets, asparagus or green beans cut into 1-inch pieces, quartered pattypan squa)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the 2 cups vegetables the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place a fine strainer over a large bowl. Cut tomato in half; squeeze seeds and juice into strainer; set tomato halves aside. Using the back of a spoon, press the seeds to extract juice; discard seeds.
- Stir the ricotta cheese, basil, thyme, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper into the tomato juice in bowl. Coarsely chop the tomato halves; stir into ricotta mixture. Add the pasta mixture to ricotta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, spoon the pasta mixture onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.