Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's nothing better than pasta! America fell in love with pasta, and I don't see any end to it, ever! So boil up a batch and there's sure to be the makings for a great, simple sauce, right in your pantry!
- 1 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, peeled, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, basil and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Blend at low speed until tomatoes are completely pureed.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Heat to boilng, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain well.
- Return pasta to cooking pot,add the tomato sauce and heat over low heat until sauce is simmering and the pasta is covered with sauce.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheese until evenly distributed.
Loved this! Quick to put together, and full flavored! I know this is one I'll use again and again! I did add fresh mozzarella right before serving. Thank Fluff! This recipe is a winner! Made for Think Pink in KK's Tag