There's nothing better than pasta! America fell in love with pasta, and I don't see any end to it, ever! So boil up a batch and there's sure to be the makings for a great, simple sauce, right in your pantry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, basil and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- 3Blend at low speed until tomatoes are completely pureed.
- 4Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Heat to boilng, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5When pasta is done, drain well.
- 6Return pasta to cooking pot,add the tomato sauce and heat over low heat until sauce is simmering and the pasta is covered with sauce.
- 7Remove pot from heat and stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheese until evenly distributed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Quick Tomato Sauce and Ricotta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g