Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Rachel Ray's recipe but I have lightened it up for us WW people.
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Prepare a pan over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and fat free half & half and bring to a boil. Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta along with the reserved pasta cooking water and toss. Stir in the parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Top the pasta with the parsley and more parmesan.