Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy, very quick and always gets positive comments.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Cook onions until soft.
- Add proscuitto and cook until begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes and cream and cook until reduced by about half.
- Check seasonings.
- Prosciutto can be very salty.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with grated cheese.
- Very easy and quick!
Very easy to make & delicious. Would be a great pasta dish for dinner guests. I used proscuitto that was already chopped, and it worked well.
This was really good! I am a pasta nut and this recipe will be one of my "old standbys".